- What: Rugby Sevens Tournament
- Where: Stone Harbor Recreation Department, 8100 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, New Jersey 08247
- When: Saturday, August, 15th 2020
- Who: Over 40 teams, comprised of 10-15 players each, as well as Coaches, Supporters, and hundreds of other rugby enthusiasts.
- Why: Competitive and Social Rugby tournament geared towards local business and community marketing in addition to the Non-Profit Fundraiser for PWRFC.
Every team is guaranteed 3 games. A match lasts 14 minutes (split into two halves, each of not more than 7 minutes) plus time lost. Half time will be 1 minute. Each division will play 2 round robin matches, then be reseeded for playoffs.
There is no set roster limit, but most teams have 15 players on the squad. Each team has no more than seven players in the playing area during play. Substitution rules will follow the USA rugby guidelines of 5 substitutions. However if teams want to switch to rolling subs, they can speak to the opposing team to confirm whether or not they would like to play their match with rolling subs.
3 for a WIN
2 for a DRAW
0 for a LOSS
1 point for a Bonus Try (4+ Tries)
Points For Scored During Pool Play
Team Check In
30 minutes prior to first match at the main tent to hand in player waiver forms, collect case of water, and pay any outstanding balances.
For cancellations due to COVID-19, the registered team will receive a 100% refund. For all other cancellations, Surfside Sevens reserves the right to keep registration funds until the vacated spot is filled.
We would like to thank all our sponsors and everyone who participated in making this year’s Surfside 7’s great! We hope to see you all again next year!